Located in Mura, just a few kilometres from Montaione, Gelsomino Ranch is an amateur sports club member of FISE/CONI and FITETREC-ANTE.
Thanks to the skills accumulated in many years of dedication to the horses and the passion of Emanuele Rossi, the Gelsomino Ranch and its staff awaiting for you to let you experience the territory of Montaione to make you feel the emotion of a horse riding holiday.
The horse riding centre consists of a covered arena of 25×40 mt and an outdoor one of 35×75 mt, paddock and tasting point where after a horseback ride you can have an aperitif or taste some local products.
Walking on horseback is without doubts an evocative way to discover a territory. For this reason, Gelsomino Ranch organizes hiking and horseback riding for adults, where you will be able to experience the emotions of crossing streams, riding along meadows and sunflower fields or in the forest paths, then ending with a tasting of typical products at selected farms or directly to the ranch. Do not miss it is the sunset ride with a final barbecue (fire camp).
For 4 to 12 year olds, besides the “baptism of the saddle” for those who approach the horse for the first time, Gelsomino Ranch organized lessons of about 40 minutes, where thanks to a federal instructor and in absolute safety they will learn to relate to the horses, the basic rules of blacksmith and equestrian technique, in addition to the typical work of a ranch.
Opening hours and services
The Gelsomino Ranch is open every day (except on Monday) from 8am to 12pm and from 4pm to 9pm.
Timetables may vary depending on the period of the year.
- Western riding school
- Baptism of the saddle (€ 15,00/person)
- Horse riding lessons for children from 4 up to 12 years old of the duration of 40 minutes with federal instructor (€ 30 ,00/person)
- Horseback riding from a minimum of 1 hour (€ 30,00/person) to full day
- Horseback riding with tasting of wines and local products
- Horseback riding at sunset with aperitif at the ranch
- Horseback riding in the truffle area
- Horseback riding with a grill at the ranch all around the fire (camp fire)