Located on the top of a hill and protected by solid walls, the Oliveto Castle is an ancient residence built in 1424 by the noble and prestigious Tuscan family of Pucci, designed by Filippo Brunelleschi, a famous Florentine architect who designed the Dome of Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence.
Lorenzo the Magnificent, Popes Leo X, Clement VII and Paul III, the Grand Duke of Tuscany Ferdinando III, the King of Italy Vittorio Emanuele III are some of the great characters who were guests at the Castle of Oliveto in the past centuries.
Today, the Castle of Oliveto is a modern farm that extends for 1200 hectares of which 50 are cultivated with vineyards from which excellent quality wines are aged in the ancient cellars of the castle.
It is in this magnificent setting rich in 600 years of charm, history and art, surrounded by a splendid landscape of the Florentine hills, that the Oliveto Castle offers a tasting of its wines accompanied by typical local products and a visit to the historic cellars.
Opening hours and services
For the sale, the shop is open every day from 10.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 18.00.